What We Believe
• We believe in the necessity of a personal relationship with God in Christ, which is the result of redemptive grace, experienced by conversion, in personal surrender to the Lordship of Jesus Christ.
• We believe that the Bible is God’s message to all people and is the only perfect authority for faith, doctrine, and conduct. We also believe that the Word of God is living and active and requires an obedient response from faithful readers.
• We believe in a conscious dependence on the Holy Spirit, who, with the Father and Son, calls the church into being, empowers its ministry, guides its mission, and supplies the resources necessary to follow Jesus.
• We believe the church is a family of believers, who enjoy and participate in new life with Christ. Membership in the Crossing family is open to anyone who trusts in Jesus Christ, demonstrated by a profession of faith at baptism. While uniformity is not demanded within Christian freedom, we expect a unity in that each member be “born anew to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.” (1 Peter 1:3)
• We believe in cooperation and shared responsibility under the Great Commission (Matt 28:18-20). Every member exercises his or her God-given talents in serving the church body, the local community, and local-to-global missions. Our cooperation produces: agreement in the essentials, freedom in the non-essentials, and, in all things - genuine love!